Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Child Photography Before and After: Enhancing your images (mind first)

Shooting kids outdoors is not a joke, toddlers especially lose interest pretty quickly so a child photographer needs to be quick and to think quicker. A siblings shoot is even more difficult. Getting a toddler and a baby to sit in one area for you to take a couple of shots takes nothing short of magic at times. Choosing an area to shoot is also not always ideal, but you gotta make do and have a vision in mind for your output. 

With this photo, the sky was clear and not a cloud was in sight but I knew that wouldn't stop me. I made sure my exposure was correct (no blown highlights).
Then I used some photoshop actions to lighten it up and give it better color and adjusted the skin tones to my liking and added some clouds as well to improve the overall image. I would have wanted to have a bit more light reflection on their faces though to lighten the shadows a bit more on the younger brother's face, but had to move fast 'coz big brother was running around. Anyhow, I'm pretty happy with the result and mommy was thrilled - that's what matters most ;)



                         BEFORE                                           AFTER
manila child photographer

Camera settings: ISO 160, F4, 1/320
Canon Mark III, 700-200 2.8 IS

No comments: